Our Kids Yoga and Mindfulness course with DeeDee, will help your child develop healthy habits for a lifetime of wellness and happiness.
Yoga & Mindfulness
Ages: 5-12 years olds.
Saturdays: 10:30am-11:15am. Starts August 25th.
What kids will experience and learn;
- Simple breathing techniques to slow down the nervous system, develop self-control and connect with their feelings.
- Yoga poses to release energy, learn compassion and develop strength, concentration and self-confidence, as well as improve flexibility and posture.
- Games and processes that develop patience, mindfulness, compassion, leadership and other social/emotional skills.
- Relaxation techniques and storytelling to calm the body and mind, and integrate physical, emotional and cognitive experiences.
- Encouragement for kids to get active and become more body aware and joyous – inspiring kids to jump off their couches and into their favourite yoga poses promoting; management of stress through breathing, awareness and healthy self-image.
- dance and movement accompanied with live African djembe drumming – synthesising the connection between the body and heart. Each class will help build a strong sense of community, promoting health and wellbeing by assisting kids to slow down and look within through song, movement and play. Yoga is one of the only activities that is non-competitive and promotes relaxation and focus — and everyone can do it!
DeeDee is not only a kids yoga teacher but also a meditation facilitator, professional nanny and professional actress – and has worked and studied in Ireland, London, New York and Massachusetts.
KIDS NIGHT OUT Yoga Disco !!
Everybody deserves a night out!
Drop the kids off.
We start with a yoga class to exercise and connect, we play games and have fun with friends. Then it is time for some djembe African drumming followed by kids favourite music tracks accompanied with flashing disco lights and the famous bounceREHAB fog machine*!! (*fog = distilled water)
The children will love their Kids Night Out almost as much as their parents will!
5-12 years olds.
Fridays from 4-5pm.
Starts August 25th.
Kids Yoga and Mindfulness in Pirrima Park (Pyrmont)
Park Party Kick-Off with bounceREHAB!
All ages welcome.
Sunday – August 20th.
Come and try a sampler of our new teacher DeeDee’s Kids Yoga and Mindfulness classes.
Being outside can intensify the yoga experience in many ways, since nature inspires focused awareness, breathing deeply and practicing stillness. Let’s embrace the elements of being in nature, overlooking the glorious Sydney Harbour together as a community and have some fun!
The breeze can deepen your breathing, the warm sun can deepen poses by making muscles more pliable, and a ladybug can invite you to focus on something small and still.
Join us at Pirrama Park, at the end of Harris Street in Pyrmont. The perfectly landscaped site includes grasslands, a playground, cafe, public toilets as well as picturesque spots for barbecues and picnics.
Pirrama Park honours the first Australians who lived in the area. It means ‘rocking stone’ in the Gadigal language.
To reach the park by public transport, catch the 389 bus. Paid street car parking also available.
• Strengthens the intercostal muscles
• Helps to develop balance
• Increases body awareness• Strengthens abdominal muscles
• Enhances flexibility of limb muscles
• Stretches and strengthens limb muscles
• Increases bone strength
• Reduces tension in the muscles
• Improves posture by balancing tension placed on a joint by the muscles surrounding it
• Maximizes the strength of joint movements
• Increases muscular strength, especially in the abdominal area
• Increases muscular flexibility
• Encourages locomotor development
• Decreases stress and anxiety
• Improves sleep quality and quantity
• Increases blood flow
• Normalizes blood sugar
• Increases heart rate variability• Lowers risk of heart disease
* Yoga empowers children to regulate their inner state using breathing techniques.
• Increases cardiorespiratory endurance
• Increases respiratory muscle strength
• Increases lung compliance
• More efficient oxygen intake• Increases blood flow
• Improves weight control• Decreases stress
• Increases antibody production• Increases lymphocyte circulation
• Increases growth hormone levels
• Improves immune function
• Greater control over respiration
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.
Instagram: @yogabudz, #yogabudz
Online interview with Yehzu: https://www.facebook.