“CHILL AND BE STILL” … GROW YOUR BRAIN!
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION CLASSES @bounceREHAB
LOCATION: 36 HARRIS STREET, PYRMONT NSW
“In our often crazy, multitasking world, it’s easy to forget that stress does not have to be a way of life.
Our signature CHILL and be STILL meditations are the antidote to life’s daily stressors. In just 30 minutes bring about a sense of calm through heightened awareness of the present moment. Meditations are breath focused, resulting in the ability to slow down, tone down outer forces, and become truly present with the here and now.
CHILL and be STILL mindfulness meditations are accessible to all ages.
AUTHOR: JESSICA WHATHAM, BOUNCEREHAB MINDFULNESS GURU, YOGA, PILATES, NUTRITION – USYD
CO-AUTHOR: MATTHEW CRAIG, PHYSIOTHERAPIST BOUNCEREHAB DIRECTOR & USYD CLINICAL EDUCATOR
REGULAR MEDITATION PRACTICE HAS BEEN PROVEN TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS:
Stress reduction: Chronic stress leads to anxiety, poor decision-making, insomnia, and memory loss. While daily stress increases your risk of heart disease, depression, and Alzheimer’s just to name a few. Research has shown that stress literally shrinks your brain. Meditation assists in managing stress, reducing anxiety and depression, while reducing the associated health risks. Evidence based research has shown meditation to reduce both physiological and psychological symptoms of stress in as little as eight weeks.
Anti-Aging & Longevity: Meditation slows down the rate of cellular aging in the body, and naturally increases the body’s levels of DHEA (a master hormone associated with youth and vigor).
Fatigue: Meditation practice has shown to improve energy levels for patients suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome.
Pain and Inflammation: Meditation has been shown to reduce chronic pain and inflammation in the body, with one study finding meditation to be almost twice as effective than morphine for pain reduction.
Sleep: Insomnia affects the health and well being of an increasingly large percentage of the population. Meditation improves both the quality and quantity of sleep. Evidence based research has shown meditation improved sleep quality for insomnia patients in a recent eight week trail.
Improved brain function: Meditation enhances the brain’s ability to regenerate new brain cells and new neural connections. Over time meditation has been shown to change the
structure of the brain, with people who meditate showing less age related brain atrophy and an increase in brain size.
COGNITIVE BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
* Improved working memory
* Increased focus and attention
* Increased productivity
* Enhanced creativity
* Reduced feelings of distraction
* More efficient processing of information
* Improved ability to multitask
* Increased mental flexibility
* Improved decision making
* Increased levels of dopamine, the neurotransmitter responsible for focus and motivation
* Increased performance at work
* Increased mental sharpness as you age
EMOTIONAL BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
* Increase in positive emotions
* Improved control over random unwanted thoughts
* Increased self-compassion and compassion towards others
* Enhanced mood
* Reduced stress and improved reaction to stress
* Reduced feelings of anxiety
* Increased happiness due to elevated levels of serotonin, the “happy molecule”
* Reduced mood swings, insomnia, irritability, and anxiety from PMS
* Increased job satisfaction, better relationships with co-workers
* Decreased tendency to worry
* Increased mental well-being and happiness
* Reduced anger and aggression
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION CLASS PRICING
- $32 a mindfulness group class or $85 for 1-1 training
- 12noon & 6pm Tuesdays
- 7am & 12noon Thursdays
- Places are limited to 12 participants only
- 36 Harris Street Pyrmont (nearest clinic to the Harbour & Pyrmont Park)
- Book via our pilates MINDBODY app or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING TO CLASS
- Just bring yourself and any props that may enhance your comfort/relaxation.
- If you can sit comfortably in a cross legged sit position, you will not require a thing. We have 10 cozy mediation cushions.
- If you have pains with sitting, or maybe you feel your corporate clothing is a little “tight or short”, we have some cosy chairs that you can sit on.
- Clothing can be activewear or your work clothes, whatever you feel comfortable in for a period of 30 minutes.
- Please leave your stress and others stress at the front door prior to entering our practice (be Mind-Full!).
email@example.com or check out bounceREHAB on the free MINDBODY application.
Main Clinic: Physiotherapy, Pilates, Nutrition, Whole-foods, Podiatry.
183 Harris Street
Pyrmont NSW, 2009
36 Harris Street: Mindfulness, Yoga, Facials & Massage.
36 Harris Street
Pyrmont NSW, 2009
P. (02) 9571 7606
F. (02) 9571 7160