Recharge, Rejuvenate, Regenerate with EPRT.
By Matthew Craig bounceREHAB Principal Physiotherapist
I am thrilled to finally announce that bounceREHAB are now offering EPRT BodiHealth Wellness sessions for all our patients. The summarised benefits from the EPRT device are: Increased energy, relieved tension, aid relaxation, relieve travel tension, assist workout recovery, create a sense of well being and enhance meditation.
What is EPRT BodiHealth?
EPRT therapy is delivered using a Registered Medical Device (TGA Australia) called a BodiHealth unit. The unit delivers ultra-low current, compatible with the naturally occurring electrical current within our cells. The body is able to recognise and use these electrons to fully energise any cell that is not in ideal balance.
More about EPRT BodiHealth…
The EPRT device is non-invasive and delivers electrical currents that mimic the endogenous electric energy of the human body. This is achieved by applying two moist foam wraps to the arms, wrists, feet or ankles. A small electrode is then attached to each wrap. The device can be set to run ONE CYCLE (23 minutes) or continuously for many hours. The device is safe, easy to use and free of side effects. We have found that 3 CYCLES (3 x 23 minutes) within 10 days provides best results as outlined by the literature.
Some Basic Science
From the moment of our creation, the electrical fields our cells and body generate govern the cellular decision making processes that direct the expression of our genes, our development and growth, the day to day operating of our cells, and our healing. It all starts at the level of the mitochondria (the powerhouse of the cell and therefore, the body), as it is the ATP that the mitochondria produces, powers the cells ability to generate the electrical fields.
Cell Membrane ATPase Pump
click to image enlarge
click to image enlarge
The aim of EPRT therefore, is to assist the mitochondria in maximizing their ability to produce ATP, this increases the cells ability to generate and maintain the electrical fields it uses to direct the healing process, which will result in an improved outcome for that person. Prof. Tim Watson describes this process as Cellular Tickling. Cellular tickling is gently tickling the cells and cell walls with low energy fields producing membrane excitement, and therefore cellular excitement stimulating the cells into a higher level of activity. Rather than the electrical device doing the work, you are tapping into the natural resources and innate knowledge of the cells to do the work.
This is what EPRT Technology is doing; tapping into the meridians of the body, flowing electrons through the body into the mitochondria, enabling them to produce more ATP, exciting the cells into generating their own electrical response which stimulates the healing process of the body.
The Science Behind EPRT
For a comprehensive outline of the science behind the EPRT click on this link: http://www.bodihealth.com/case-studies/bodihealth-science.pdf
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge
What Is EPRT Good for?
- Stress and anxiety
- Sports recovery and DOMS
- Long standing pain
- Nerve pain
- TMJ pain
- Fractures and bone injuries
- Bruising and swelling
- Jetlag and travel
- Sports and athletic performance
- Psoriasis and skin conditions
In 2014 bounceREHAB trialled the EPRT for 12 weeks in our Pyrmont Physiotherapy clinic (www.bouncerehab.com.au) and saw positive benefits with our own patients. They were patients experiencing: Jet Lag, post exercise soreness/marathon training, headaches, back and neck pain, chronic arthritis, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, post surgical immobilisation (in a boot or sling), stress at workplace/home, sciatica, menstrual pain and post pregnancy. Those lacking exercise, good diet or with recent pain-drug dependency (struggling organs). Chronic fatigue/low energy/tired individuals, coughs and colds.
The greatest aspect of ultra-low current is that this treatment is extremely safe and we find most patients relax and fall asleep if they bring along their headphones and listen to relaxed music or meditation. Some workers having EPRT prefer to open up their laptops and plug away at their emails while they are hooked up to the device.
Common Indications of Healing & Progress
- Immediate reduction in pain associated with most conditions
- Reduction in the need for analgesia over the first few treatments
- Reduction in swelling and bruising (ie large hematomas) after the first treatment
- Improvement in skin colour and appearance after the first treatment – due to increased circulation
- If suffering loss of appetite or poor appetite – nutrition may improve over the course of treatment
- Decrease in desire for cigarettes and alcohol
- Increase in energy and improved sleep patterns
- Mobility can become easier for elderly patients, stiffness lessens and joint swelling decreases
- Mental clarity improves, the patient may express that they “just feel better”
- Breathing can improve
Testimonials from EPRT Practitioners
Below are some some case studies and testimonials for http://www.bodihealth.com/case-studies-2
2. Athletes: The video below is World Champion surfer, Joel Parkinson talking about his experience with EPRT for his injury management
3. Non Union Fracture
5. Breast Cancer Survivor
7. Shoulder Pain: http://www.bodihealth.com/case-studies/IRB-Chronic-Shoulder.pdf
8. Diabetes, Hypertension and wound healing: www.bodihealth.com/case-studies/Hypertension-Diabetes.pdf
9. Sports Fatigue/Lethargy
How many times do I try EPRT therapy before I feel better?
We suggest you attend 3 sessions within 10 days, or more often if you are in a lot of pain or very rundown and unwell. We expect an optimal course of treatment would include 4 additional sessions over 4 weeks after the initial 3 sessions are completed.
Will it affect my medication?
If you are on antibiotics, we recommend that you wait until you have finished your course before beginning with EPRT. You will still receive the benefits of cellular regeneration on other medications.
Pricing, Packages and Health Rebates
* Initial Physio Assessment (New EPRT Patients) $105
* One Off EPRT Session – $95
* $195 package of 3 x 70 minute sessions (Includes $45 for your wrist/foot cuffs) / Works out to be $65 Session
* BOOK NOW for your INITIAL session TODAY !
Health fund rebates can apply under “Physiotherapy”, “Massage” or “Psychology” HICAPS codes if you are prescribed by your bounceREHAB therapist for health reasons.
Often there is an imbalance in the body, which is not always obvious from the outside. If there is a cellular imbalance, it may prevent healing, or stop some body systems from functioning normally.
- EPRT works on the whole body, so that any cellular imbalance is addressed and the body as a whole can function more effectively.
- That is why there is no definite answer to how each individual will experience EPRT – it will depend on their body’s cellular balance.
- Also, most people will experience stress at times. When stress becomes a daily concern it can have a serious impact on their health and wellbeing.
- EPRT reduces stress levels by relaxing the body, decreasing stress hormones and balancing melatonin and serotonin levels in the body – again, restoring balance to the body as a whole.